In conjunction with Lutheran Military Veterans and Families Ministries, Victory Noll Center hosted a retreat for female military veterans March 14th to the 16th..
The program focused on support to women veterans:
• Addressed life experiences unique to combat and military service.
• Discovered their uniqueness.
• Identified strengths.
• Discovered areas of development.
• Found positive self-care practices.
• Reshaped perspective.
• Learned and applied life skills and coping skills.
• Created bonds with other women veterans.
Activities were available throughout the weekend that facilitate support, growth, self-care and self-exploration. The retreat team included women who have experienced combat, as well as other team members who understand and have been tending to the unique needs and challenges of veterans, especially female military veterans.
Victory Noll Center provides a safe and peaceful retreat location for this program, which allows individuals the means to relax as they begin their individual journeys.